The Orgone Distribution Facility
|Game||Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs|
|Location||Mandus Processing Company|
|Objective||Shut down the Machine!|
|Danger rating||High Risk.|
|Map|| Tesla 1 (The Veil Lifts, the Bride is Waiting)
Tesla 2 (Mandus Descending amongst the The Spirits)
The Tesla, also known as Orgone Towers, consists of the penultimate fourteenth and fifteenth (14th and 15th) areas of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
These areas appear to be massive, due to the spacious corridors and chambers found therein. Due to the cold temperature of these towers, it is the only area in the game where the great Tesla beasts can be encountered. It features two available sections: The Orgone Distributions Tanks and the Electrogravitic Suppression - South Tower. The nature of the South Tower is quite unstable.
The Veil Lifts, the Bride is Waiting Edit
- "But why did you take my children?"
- "I, Mandus? Of all the blood we have spilt together, the first drops fell from your hands alone."
- "Then I am damned for a filicide, and everything is lost."
- -Oswald Mandus, asking his other half of the soul.
The Orgone Distribution Tanks is the first section accessed in the Tesla compound. It seems to be primarily used as a cooling facility for The Machine and, as such, the temperature in the area is quite cold, as is evidenced by this fragment of Mandus' Journal. Pipes can be seen scattered about, distributing different liquids such as Vitae and Orgone to the other parts of The Machine. Numerous closed-off doors can be found leading to other areas of The Machine, such as Tripery Pre-Grinding, The Sausagery, Scalding Hoses, Vacuum Eviscerators, and Gambrelling.
Mandus becomes trapped in the Silicon Coolant area where more Orgone tanks are kept. A Tesla beast will spawn upon entry, causing the lighting and machinery to blackout. As darkness encloses and the area is shut down, the power will have to be restored to proceed ahead.
- 25th December 1899: If You Should Find This - At the start of the level, after the elevator ride, you can find this note on your left stapled onto the wall near a map of the facility.
Mandus Descending amongst The SpiritsEdit
- "I have you now creature. I will destroy you."
- "Stop him! Stop him! Kill him!"
- "It is over! It is time to end this madness!"
- -Oswald Mandus and the Machine, after all armonicas are activated.
The second section is the Electrogravitic Suppression - South Tower.A long bridge-like catwalk will have to be traversed before reaching the tower itself. This area has somewhat of a resemblance to the Chancel found in the previous game, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, as both areas share a massive abyss.
Upon exploring the massive tower, more Orgone tanks can be found among the area. Near the entrance further ahead, an Engineer can be seen shambling through the corridor. Upon entering Electrogravitic Suppression, Mandus will be teleported further (the door actually leads to the center of the tower where Mandus activates the armonicas, but he is teleported to another room instead) inside the tower; the cause of this is unknown, but there is speculation that it could be because of the area's unstable nature or simply his broken psyche. As he proceeds ahead, the lights will darken and another Tesla will spawn. This is the second and most dangerous encounter with a Tesla. It is advised to keep your lantern off. This area features a maze-like construction with a lot of dead ends. Moving through these dark corridors is a necessity in order to get deeper into the tower.
Again, Mandus is teleported to the center of the tower. There, a heart can be seen impaled upon several spikes, likely to give some form of power to certain machinery. A ladder nearby will give access to the upper level. Electricity in this section will have to be restored, meaning several coils/armonicas will need activation before everything becomes fully operational.
Upon nearing the now-activated heart, the screen will flash (indicating another teleport) and Mandus will find himself inside the Temple.
- December 28th 1899 - The final document can be found early on in the level. Climb up a ladder, and then climb up another one. The note can be found on the floor of the catwalk, near a teddy bear.
- In the first part of Tesla Tower, the player will catch a glimpse of the Tesla twice. The first glimpse will occur not long after the player enters the Tower and the next glimpse will occur near the Silicon Coolant room in a hallway under the passage where a dead Wretch is.
- This could actually be the last area that Mandus physically encounters, as the Temple could be an entire hallucination.
- The loading screen for the Electrogravitic Suppression - South Tower is highly reminiscent to Nikola Tesla's Wardenclyffe Tower.
|Locations of A Machine for Pigs|
|Mandus Processing Company locations||Mansion • Cellar • Alley • Church • Factory • Tunnels • Sewers • Bilge • Reactor • Engine • Streets • Pigline • Tesla • Temple|
|Other locations||London • Mexico • The Temple of the Stone Moon • Decontamination Chambers|