The Storage with all torches lit.
|Game||Amnesia: The Dark Descent|
|Objective||Finding the rods.|
|Danger rating||High risk|
The Storage is a series of rooms that can be accessed via a side tunnel from the Back Hall.
The Storage contains the Trinity Rod and Four-phase Amplitude Rod, which are needed in the Machine Room to activate the Elevator. However, this is not an easy task, as a heavy darkness has consumed the area (which makes the Lantern most needed), and many Gatherers wander around the Storage. Daniel even notes that the darkness feels "strange and unnatural," and the player will likely use up a couple of oil bottles in this area. This place is considered to be one of the most dangerous areas in the game.
The flashbacks reveals that this is the place where Daniel killed the little girl who was trying to escape the castle. Sometimes you can hear the faint cries of the girl.
After acquiring the first drill part, a gatherer will spawn. The best way to deal with this is to hide in a dark corner until it's gone.
After obtaining the first drill piece, go to the second expanse you can access, which is the chemical storage. Search all the rooms, as the two remaining drill pieces can be found in them. The rooms also have plentiful supplies, like tinderboxes, Laudanum, and oil. Once all three drill parts have been retrieved, all that need to be done is to open the inventory and combine them to create the Hand Drill.
Similar to the Refinery, there are large wine barrels everywhere. However, two barrels in the vertexes of the room (they look similar to the oil barrels and are marked as primary and secondary) contain volatile chemicals and need to be used to create an explosive. The taps are rusted shut however, so one will have to use the hand drill on each barrel to obtain the liquid with the chemistry pot from the Laboratory. As a result, you will obtain a pot of explosive liquid. Use this to demolish the rubble blocking the path to the rest of the Storage.
The explosive does not become active once deposited on the ground near the rubble. To set it off, an object has to be thrown at it. Be careful though, as the blast radius is very large, and standing near the explosive when it goes off can result in significant health loss.
It is now possible to progress all the way to the furthermost room in the Storage, where the rods can be found. It should be noted though, that a Servant Grunt hides in one of the smaller rooms that can be reached from the large, open area you end up in as you follow the hallway. To avoid this encounter, simply skip opening the door to the far room in the big, open area with the large working bench.
Continuing forward, a large room with a lone torch will soon be reached. As the room is entered, the torch is suddenly lit for an unknown reason. However, ignoring the event, you will find the rods in a small room that can be reached from this area. Be wary though, for as soon as you obtain them, a Grunt will spawn outside and patrol the area. Hide behind the large crate in the far end of the room, as the beast is likely to break in, especially if it spots you behind the door.
When the music comes to a halt, advance to the Back Hall. You will pass the area where you unblocked the caved-in passageway. The Shadow will roar and rocks will fall: don't panic. However, as soon as you reach the top of the stairs, you need to be wary as there is a Grunt that spawns ahead. When you hear it growl, do not go up the stairs any further. Instead, sprint back and find a dark spot to hide in. Remain hidden until yet again the music has cut. After a tense moment, when all is clear, continue to run to the Back Hall. You can also dart straight past the monster - all that is left to do is escape the Storage, and the exit is not far ahead.
- There is a jammed door in the Storage near the cave-in. There is a trail of blood leading out of that room towards the blocked path. It's highly possible that this is the room where Daniel found the girl. This also may be the place where the Servant Grunt went after looking around the first room, as he is not found in the chemical storage or past the rocks.
- As Daniel enters the final area where he actually killed the girl, the fire in the middle of the room will ignite by itself, a terrified cry will be heard, and Daniel will lose some sanity. Even if the Lantern is on, Daniel will put it down by himself as this occurs.
- After clearing the rubble blocking the corridor with explosives, an area above that looks very similar to he Back Hall comes into view. However, this isn't technically possible because the storage extends away from the Back Hall and there is no hole to be found on the ground of the Back Hall to show the Storage.
- There are four Grunts. The first is triggered when Daniel picks up the drill part in "Old Tools" (see map to the left), the second is hiding in the room marked "Grain", the third when he picks up either of the two Machine Room rods in the final storage room, and the fourth shortly after he walks over the rubble he cleared with the explosive on his way out of Storage.
- Upon returning to the food storage area after collecting two rods, the door to the "Grain" room will be open as if the Servant Grunt who had been there earlier had left. However, DO NOT enter the room and close the door - the door will become stuck and you will lock yourself in. If you end up doing just that, you have to go back to an older save to be able to continue the game.
- Tinderboxes can be found all over the place. Oil can be found in the "Meat" locker hidden among several barrels, in one of the rooms in the "Equipment" area, and behind the long table in the "Food Storage" area. Thankfully, the player should have enough oil by now to get through here since this is the first really dark area that requires the lantern since the Refinery.
- Upon Daniel's successfully retrieving everything needed from Storage, the Shadow will foul the Back Hall with its fleshy deposits and the Back Hall's fountain with blood.
- The explosive is not required to get past the rocks as there are barrels nearby, and barrels explode when destroyed by a Gatherer. When the grunt appears, you can glitch yourself inside a barrel while against the rocks, so that when the grunt attemps to claw you, it will destroy the barrel instead, causing it to blow up the rocks.
| Brennenburg Castle:|
Rainy Hall - Old Archives - Entrance Hall - Archives - Wine Cellar - Laboratory - Refinery - Cellar Archives - Archive Tunnels - Back Hall - Study - Guest Room - Storage - Machine Room - Elevator - Prison: Southern Block - Prison: Northern Block - Cistern Entrance - Cistern - Morgue - Control Room - Sewer - Nave - Cells - Choir Entrance - Choir Main Hall - Transept - Chancel - Inner Sanctum - Orb Chamber