The Storage is a series of rooms that can be accessed via a side tunnel from the Back Hall.
The Storage contains many machine parts, including the Trinity Rod and Four-phase Amplitude Rod, which are needed in the Machine Room to activate the Elevator. However, this is not an easy task, as there will be a heavy darkness consuming the area (which makes the Lantern most needed), and many Gatherers wander around the Storage. Daniel even notes that the darkness feels "strange and unnatural," and the player will likely use up a couple of oil bottles in this area. This place is considered to be one of the most dangerous areas in the game.
The flashbacks suggest that this is the place where Daniel's former self stabbed the little girl to death who was trying to escape the castle. Sometimes you can hear the faint cries of a girl, further suggesting that Daniel killed her.
Depending on where you go, a creature will spawn after you recieve a drill part in the first room. Secure the door behind you, hide in a shadow so that it is not tempted to obliterate the door, and stay put until the music stops, or until you think it is safe.
After you obtain the drill piece of the hand drill, go to the second expanse you can access, which is the chemical storage. Search all the rooms, as there is the handle in one and the drill turning mechanism in the other. The rooms have tinderboxes, and one has a chest containing a tinderbox, Laudanum, and an oil jar. Once you retrieve all three drill parts, open your inventory and combine them to create the Hand Drill. Similar to the Refinery, there are unusable wine barrels, and two barrels in the vertexes of the room (they look similar to the oil barrels and are marked as primary and secondary). The tap is rusted shut, so utilise the hand drill on each barrel and place the chemistry pot from the Laboratory under the stream of liquid from the barrels. As a result, you will obtain a pot of explosive liquid. Use this to demolish the rubble blocking your path from the rest of the Storage.
The explosive is not timed when you deposit the pot. What is required is to settle the chemistry pot before the rubble, then throw a nearby object at it, and scatter. It does NOT have a small blast radius, and it can suppress your health down to Barely Conscious. In the open space that appears shortly after where you obliterated the large rubble with the explosive, there is another room with a table in the middle after you progress through a winding hallway. There are two doors; one where there are butchered pigs and barrels, and another one parallel to it. DO NOT OPEN IT, as there is a Grunt lurking behind it. However; within the room the Grunt inhabits, there are a few tinderboxes that can be obtained: it is recommended that if you are wishing to retrieve these items, prepare a hiding spot to enclose yourself in right after opening the door (placing items such as barrels in front of the door while still being able to open it is not a bad idea if you wish to take any precautions).
Continue forward until you end up in the hallway with a lone torch. Go right and as soon as you enter the next area, a jumpscare will occur. However, ignoring the event, you will discover the room with the rods adjacent to the area. Be wary though, for as soon as you obtain them, a Grunt will spawn outside and patrol the area. Hide behind the large crate in the far end of the room, as the beast is likely to break in, especially if it spots you behind the door.
When the music comes to a halt, advance to the Back Hall. You will pass the area where you unblocked the caved-in passageway. The Shadow will roar and rocks will fall: don't panic. However, as soon as you reach the top of the stairs, you need to beware as there is a Grunt that spawns ahead. When you hear it growl, do not go up the stairs any further. Instead, sprint back and find a dark spot to hide in: remain hidden until yet again the music has cut. After a tense moment, when all is clear, continue to run to the Back Hall. You can also dart straight past the monster - all that is left to do is escape the Storage, and the exit is not far ahead.
- There is a jammed door in the Storage near the cave-in. There is a trail of blood leading out of that room towards the blocked path. It's highly possible that this is the room where Daniel found the girl. This also may be the place where the Servant Grunt went after looking around the first room, as he is not found in the chemical storage or past the rocks.
- As Daniel enters the final area where he actually killed the girl, the fire in the middle of the room will ignite by itself, a terrified cry will be heard, and Daniel will lose some sanity. Even if the Lantern was on, Daniel will put it down by himself.
- After clearing the rubble blocking the corridor with explosives, an area above that looks very similar to he Back Hall comes into view. However, this isn't technically possible because the storage extends away from the Back Hall and there is no hole to be found on the ground of the Back Hall to show the Storage.
- There are four Grunts. The first is triggered when Daniel picks up the drill part in "Old Tools" (see map to the left), the second is hiding in the room marked "Grain", the third when he picks up either of the two Machine Room rods in the final storage room, and the fourth shortly after he walks over the rubble he cleared with the explosive on his way out of Storage.
- Upon returning to the food storage area after collecting two rods, the door to the "Grain" room will be open as if the Servant Grunt who had been there earlier had left. However, DO NOT enter the room and close the door - the door will become stuck and you will lock yourself in. If you end up doing just that, you have to go back to an older save to be able to continue the game.
- Tinderboxes can be found all over the place. Oil can be found in the "Meat" locker hidden among several barrels, in one of the rooms in the "Equipment" area, and behind the long table in the "Food Storage" area. Thankfully, the player should have enough oil by now to get through here since this is the first really dark area that requires the lantern since the Refinery.
- Upon Daniel's successfully retrieving everything needed from Storage, the Shadow will foul the Back Hall with its fleshy deposits and the Back Hall's fountain with blood.
- The explosive is not required to get past the rocks as there are barrels nearby, and barrels explode when destroyed by a Gatherer. When the grunt appears after walking up the stairs, you can glitch yourself inside the barrel while against the rocks, so that when the grunt attemps to claw you, it will destroy the barrel instead, causing it to explode the rocks.
Amnesia The Dark Descent: Brennenburg Castle - Rainy Hall - Old Archives - Entrance Hall - Archives - Wine Cellar - Laboratory - Refinery - Cellar Archives - Archive Tunnels - Back Hall - Study - Guest Room - Storage - Machine Room - Elevator - Prison: Southern Block - Prison: Northern Block - Cistern Entrance - Cistern - Morgue - Control Room - Sewer - Nave - Cells - Choir Entrance - Choir - Main Hall - Transept - Chancel - Inner Sanctum - Orb Chamber