The Rainy Hall
|Game||Amnesia: The Dark Descent|
|Objective||Follow the pink liquid.|
- "My name is.... I am... Daniel!"
- ―Daniel, moments before the game begins.
The Rainy Hall is the area where tinderboxes 1-5 are found.
- On the table of the small room behind Daniel as soon as he wakes up. (1)
- In a closet to your left next to the entrance to a small room with a fireplace. (2)
- In the small room mentioned above. (3)
- In another closet left of the door of the room mentioned above. (4)
- In a tiny, dark room with a knights armor in it, just before you enter the Old Archives. (5)
There is a trail of pink liquid leading through the Rainy Hall, which serves as Daniel's first objective in the game. A large door leads out to what can only be assumed to be the castle's balcony as Daniel is on the first-floor, but the Shadow prevents him from leaving. Daniel having no bearings decides to start following the liquid trail back to its source through long, narrow hallways down to the Old Archives.
- When Daniel interacts with the large door in the hallway, the Shadow will roar at him and obstruct it, but its fleshy matter does not appear. He will lose a little sanity from being startled.
- Daniel cannot run in this area. After taking the Amnesia tonic that destroyed his former-self's personality and memories, he is very dizzy and confused. He'll often lose his balance and nearly black-out several times.
- In the demo, this area leads straight to the Refinery.
- When entering a hallway, Daniel will begin to panic, and the walls will appear to be "compacting," or closing in on the hallway. It is unclear if this was an event caused by The Shadow, or a mere hallucination. This event is perfectly safe as the walls do not cave in completely.
- When passing through a certain hallway, Daniel will hear several demonic screams and the sound of knives penetrating skin. He will then collapse on the floor. This is obviously a hallucination, due to the effects of the amnesia mixture.
- This area along with the beginning of the Old Archives, the Study, the Machine Room, Control Room, and the Sewer have no music background soundtrack.
| Brennenburg Castle:|
Rainy Hall - Old Archives - Entrance Hall - Archives - Wine Cellar - Laboratory - Refinery - Cellar Archives - Archive Tunnels - Back Hall - Study - Guest Room - Storage - Machine Room - Elevator - Prison: Southern Block - Prison: Northern Block - Cistern Entrance - Cistern - Morgue - Control Room - Sewer - Nave - Cells - Choir Entrance - Choir Main Hall - Transept - Chancel - Inner Sanctum - Orb Chamber
London - Algeria - Altstadt - Tomb of Tin Hinan - Zimmermann Farm