In reality, Laudanum, also known as Tincture of Opium , is an alcoholic herbal preparation containing approximately 10% powdered opium by weight (the equivalent of 1% morphine). A potent narcotic by virtue of its high morphine concentration, laudanum was historically used to treat a variety of ailments, but its principal use was as an analgesic and cough suppressant.
During the time in which the events in the Amnesia games occur, it was very common for people to use it for treating pain and wounds, so it seems very logical to include it as a healing Item.
Sorted by order of appearance.
- In a corner on a shelf in the Wine Cellar.
- Near a piece of Daniel's diary in a tiny room in the Refinery.
- In the back of a small room filled with bookshelves in the Cellar Archives.
- In a small room adjacent to the room with the explosive liquids in the Storage.
- Also in the Storage, in the small room you get to after blowing up the rocks blocking your path, hidden behind a bunch of barrels.
- In the desk in the Guest Room.
- In a small dead-end blocked by rocks next to a tinderbox in the southern block of the Prison.
- In a corner of the kitchen in the northern block of the Prison.
- In the room where you find the copper tube in the Morgue.
- In the tiny room with the Grunt that has been ripped to pieces in the Sewer.
- Also in the Sewer, hidden behind a bunch of rocks as you sneak up on the stationary Brute, blocking the way to the Nave.
- In a small room you pass by walking towards the Choir Entrance in the Nave.
- In the room with the iron maiden in the Choir.
- In the same cell you find the bucket in in the Cells.
- (Justine DLC) Close to one of the cells in the main area of the Cells.