Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In reality, Laudanum, also known as Tincture of Opium, is an alcoholic herbal preparation containing approximately 10% powdered opium by weight (the equivalent of 1% morphine). A potent narcotic by virtue of its high morphine concentration, laudanum was historically used to treat a variety of ailments, but its principal use was as an analgesic and cough suppressant.
During the time in which the events in the Amnesia games occur, it was very common for people to use it for treating pain and wounds, so it seems very logical to include them as healing items.
A laudanum heals Daniel by 25% of his health, or one health level:
- All is good
- A few cuts and bruises
- A wound is bleeding quite badly
- Barely conscious
There are a total of 16 Laudanum bottles that can be found throughout Amnesia: The Dark Descent. This is enough to heal Daniel from "Barely conscious" to "All is good" five times, and still have one bottle to spare. One (1) single laudanum bottle can also be found in Amnesia: Justine.
Sorted by order of appearance.
- In a corner on a shelf.
- Near a piece of Daniel's diary in a tiny room.
- In the back of a small room filled with bookshelves.
- In a chest in the small room adjacent to the room with the explosive liquids.
- In a chest located in the small room you get to after blowing up the rocks blocking your path, hidden behind a bunch of barrels.
- In a desk.
- In a small dead-end blocked by rocks next to a tinderbox.
- In a corner of the kitchen.
- In the room where you find the copper tube.
- In a desk in the room with the dead body that you need to inject blood from.
- In the tiny room with the Grunt that has been ripped to pieces.
- Hidden behind a bunch of rocks as you sneak up on the stationary Brute, blocking the way to the Nave.
- In a small room you pass by walking towards the Choir Entrance.
- In the small room next to Agrippa. Can only be obtained after you return to the Nave for the second time, after escaping from the Cells.
- In the room with the iron maiden.
- In the same cell you find the bucket.
- There is a laudanum bottle found on the Level Editor on the Wine Cellar map that can only be seen in the editor, but not in game. In the room with the Calamine in it, there is another Laudanum in a chest. After you pick up the Calamine and are temporarily incapacitated, stack boxes to get up on the higher shelf that the barrel fell from. You should see the very chest with the Laudanum in there.