|Inspector Felix Marot|
Inspector Marot, trapped.
- "You there, help me, and I'll call my men to save us from this hellhole."
- ― Inspector Marot
Inspector Marot, as indicated by his name, is a police officer. He is found in the Dungeon where he is chained against a wall, barefoot and shirtless, with a sack covering his head. Although he cannot see anything, he will call out for help if he hears Justine nearby and will angrily ask if she thinks it's funny should she ignore him.
The small room that Marot is trapped in can be closed using the valve located on the right side of it. If Justine does not close the door to this room in time, Malo will eventually break down the last door, then attack and kill Marot first, giving Justine ample time to escape during which Marot can be heard crying out in pain as Malo attacks him. However, if Justine closes the door to this room, Malo will not be able to reach Marot, saving the latter's life, but costing Justine the time to escape. If Marot is spared, Malo will then only focus on Justine.
The test for the player here is to see whether or not they are coordinated and fast-to-act, whether or not upon impulse, they'll panic and flee to save their own lives, or stay calm and attempt to save another's life while endangering their own in the process.
Assuming he was saved, Marot's voice can be heard in the ending along with any other survivors, demanding to be let out.
In the cell nearest to the entrance in the prison block, a note written by Aloïs' father, Lucien Racine to Inspector Marot can be found. The letter asks that Marot get in contact with Victor Fournier so that Justine can be declared as 'mentally unstable', so that she can be locked up. It is very likely Justine captured Marot for that very reason. Justine also comments on how the aristocracy does not need to know right from wrong since they are always right, revealing her contempt for the law and policemen like Marot.
- "You there, help me, and I'll call on my men to save us from this hellhole."
- "What's going on out there? I'm Detective Marot of the Sûreté Nationale and I demand to know what's going on!"
- "Hey, you? We are almost free, come on, get us out of here."
- See Quotes: Felix Marot for a full list.
- His first name, Felix, is never said or seen in the game. It is only visible on sound files inside the game's install directory.
- Unlike the other two hostages, Justine admits she knew very little about the inspector. She didn't even know if he had a family or not.
- It's possible as an experienced policeman and detective, he had training on, and was resistant to, torture. Justine may not have been able to extract any information about his personal life. She was, however, able to discover who sent him and why. Through a letter she found out his employer is Aloïs' father, Lucien Racine, who enlisted the help of Dr. Victor Fournier and Father Hector David as well to help find a legal way to reveal her madness and incarcerate her.
- Although Marot can be sacrificed for extra time to escape, Malo will only stop actively pursuing Justine to focus on him if she has already gone through the door that leads to the next area, and then immediately lowered the lever on the other side to shut it behind her. Assuming these conditions are met, Malo will not break the door down but instead turn on Marot while Justine flees. However, if Justine abandoned Marot but then ran past the door without lowering the lever, Malo will ignore Marot and still give chase to her until the end of the hallway.
- Despite Malo's ability to break down metal doors with ease, he is apparently unable to destroy the one that protects Marot if Justine lowered it completely.
- Of all the hostages, Marot is the hardest to save from death. Due to Malo's speed and ease of finding Justine, it is nearly impossible for one to save the inspector and survive from Malo.
|Main characters||Justine Florbelle|
|Antagonists||Aloïs Racine • Basile Giroux • Malo de Vigny|
|Side characters||Victor Fournier • Hector David • Felix Marot • Clarice • Monsieur Florbelle • Madame Florbelle • Herbert • Daniel|