The main area of the Cells.
|Location||Cabinet of Perturbation|
|Objective||Reach the next area, either by killing or saving the prisoner.|
|Danger rating||Low risk.|
Not to be confused with the area of the same name in The Dark Descent, the Cells are the first area of the Cabinet of Perturbation in Amnesia: Justine. Alois and the first hostage, Dr. Fournier, are found here.
At the start of the area, the player awakens in an isolated cell while Alois paces outside. The player then promptly collapses and when she comes to, Alois is gone. There is a phonograph which, when activated, plays a message from Justine and gives the player a lantern, along with opening the cell door.
Justine has to make her way from her cell to the main cell area through some corridors. In the main cell room, she will encounter Dr. Fournier, who is still trapped in a cell, and Alois, when she enters the first cell to her left. To progress further, she either has to kill Fournier by pulling the lever next to his cell a couple of times, which will cause Fournier to be impaled, to make a ladder fall down from a hatch on the ceilling or if she wants to keep Fournier alive, stacking boxes to reach the hatch.
Prisoners and cell locationsEdit
The main room contains six cells and a collapsed passage. Each of the cells was used to contain one of the Suitors or hostages, and one of them, Dr. Fournier, is still present in his cell. Various items that belonged to the Suitors, such as Alois' racquet and Malo's violin, can be found in their respective rooms.
- Inspector Felix Marot in the first cell to the left
- Dr. Victor Fournier in the middle cell to the left
- Father Hector David in the last cell to the left
- Malo de Vigny in the first cell to the right.
- Basile Giroux in the middle cell to the right.
- Aloïs Racine in the last cell to the right.
- Close to one of the cells in the main area of the Cells.
- A New Plan - This note can be found in the first cell to your left. Picking it up triggers the Suitor to investigate the area.
- Billet Doux - This note can be found in the far right room, on a table.
- Newspaper Article - 19 March 1858 - This note can be found in the torture room that you reach after dropping down from the tunnels in the ceiling.
|Locations of Justine|
|Cabinet of Perturbation||Cells • Library • Dungeon • Crypt|
|Other Locations||Florbelle Estate|