In the middle of the room there is a fountain with some disturbing features, the spout being a winged centipede with a baby's face, and a pair of disembodied legs hanging over the edge. After exploration of the side rooms, a small corpse will be resting on top of the legs (in low sanity).
The Shadow will invade this hall after Daniel finishes exploring the Storage, and along with filling the room with the fleshy residue, it will turn the fountain's water into a red fluid, probably blood. After repairing the Elevator in the Machine Room the screen will go black. Daniel's vision is then restored to find that the Shadow has blocked the way back to the Hall, making retreat impossible.
The Back Hall is a safe room and several sections of Brennenburg Castle can be accessed from here. These locations are:
- Guest Room - You have to find a key from the Guest Room before going to the Machine Room.
- Study - One rod must be located in a far room of the Study before accessing the Machine Room.
- Storage - You need to find two rods from Storage before going to the Machine Room.
- Machine Room - The Machine Room is locked and access requires the key from the Guest Room.
- The Elevator - The elevator is inoperable until the machine in the Machine Room is fixed, which requires three rods found between the Study and Storage.
- The music heard in the Back Hall is also known as "ambience safe ambience ".
Amnesia The Dark Descent: Brennenburg Castle - Rainy Hall - Old Archives - Entrance Hall - Archives - Wine Cellar - Laboratory - Refinery - Cellar Archives - Archive Tunnels - Back Hall - Study - Guest Room - Storage - Machine Room - Elevator - Prison: Southern Block - Prison: Northern Block - Cistern Entrance - Cistern - Morgue - Control Room - Sewer - Nave - Cells - Choir Entrance - Choir - Main Hall - Transept - Chancel - Inner Sanctum - Orb Chamber